Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
Air fryer stuffed mushrooms are delicious pop in your mouth baby Bella mushrooms stuffed with a creamy filling of sausage, two different kinds of cheese, loaded with seasoning, and topped with Panko breadcrumbs which add a crispy golden finish.
Servings: 18 servings
- 2 pounds baby Bella (or white button) mushrooms
- ½ pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ large onion, finely diced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs, divided
- minced fresh parsley, for garnish
Clean mushrooms, then remove stems. Finely chop mushroom stems and set aside.
In a medium bowl, softened the cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and let it cool to room temperature. Add mild Italian sausage, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, and half of the panko bread crumbs (save the remaining for later). Stir until well combined (it might be easier to use your hands to mix).
Use a small spoon to fill mushrooms with the mixture and gently press to fill the cavity. Add a little more to create a small mound on top of the mushroom. Sprinkle panko bread crumbs on top of the mushroom and then press down to help it stick on. Shake off any excess.
Repeat with the remaining mushrooms. Spray some cooking oil on the bottom of the air fryer tray and place the stuffed mushrooms spaced out on the tray. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to do multiple batches. Air fry at 350°F for 12-14 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Sprinkle minced parsley (if using), and serve.
This recipe was tested with an Instant Omni Plus Air Fryer Toaster Oven and a Cosori Air Fryer Max XL. The time and temperature may vary slightly depending on your air fryer model.
- The easiest way to clean your mushrooms is to dunk them in water and use your hands to scrub the dirt off. You could also use a colander. Mushrooms naturally have a lot of water in them, so to avoid an excess of water (i.e. soggy mushrooms), it's important to pat them dry with paper towels before air frying.
- Use your hands to mix the stuffing ingredients together.
- To make the filling look neater, use a piping bag with a large tip or a ziplock with the corner cut off.
- Spray cooking oil on the tray to prevent the mushrooms from sticking. This is unnecessary but spraying cooking oil or brushing butter on top of the assembled mushrooms before placing them into the air fryer will give it a nice golden brown finish.