Air Fryer beyond burger is a plant based burger that tastes and looks just like a regular hamburger and it even has the same meaty texture! Crisp and charred on the outside, juicy on the inside, and loaded with your favorite toppings doesn't get any better than this.
This is the kind of burger that even meat eaters love! It's so easy to come together because the beyond burger patties come already prepped and all you need is a bit of seasoning and a few minutes in the air fryer.
Dinner is done and ready to serve in under 20 minutes. Talk about fast food!
If you're a vegetarian looking for fun ways to feed your family during the week or maybe just looking for ways to include more plant-based meals into your routine, the beyond burger is just the thing. Comfort food meets a modern twist. Making it in the air fryer means less mess, easy cleanup, and perfect results every time.
I keep mine simple with a bit of salt and pepper but you can just as easily make it your own by adding your favorite seasonings to the patties before cooking them for some extra flavor. Make it a single, a double, or an air fryer beyond burger with vegan cheese and your favorite toppings.
It's a meatless burger that everyone will love!
Why This Recipe Works
- Quick and easy. By nature, fast food is super convenient, but because this recipe is so quick and easy to make, you can skip the takeout and enjoy a juicy burger right at home!
- Totally tasty. It wasn't always the case that meatless "meat" tasted anything like the original, but it's crazy what they can do these days! It cooks, looks, and tastes like beef!
- A family-friendly meal - Gluten-free, GMO-free, and vegan, this beyond burger is geared towards a variety of diets and no one would even know it! The kids go crazy for it.
- Great all year round! No grill? no problem. In the summertime, these are great for a quick lunch or easy dinner without having to turn on the oven! During the winter, a good burger is just the kind of yummy comfort food we all need.
- Beyond Meat Plant-Based Burgers: These come already formed into patties. You can find them in the frozen meat section of your local grocery store, or health food market. Be sure to thaw them first.
- Oil spray: Any cooking spray works. If you have a Misto sprayer, adding your own olive oil to it is a great way to keep things light and healthy.
- Salt & pepper: To taste
- Buns: Use any burger buns you like, whether whole wheat, white, or gluten-free. Brioche buns are also great, however, just keep in mind most commercial bread isn't vegan.
⬇️ Please scroll down to the recipe card to see the full ingredient amounts and instructions ⬇️
- Vegan bacon
- Mango salsa
- Cheese (vegan or not!)
- Grilled pineapple rings
- BBQ sauce
- Teriyaki sauce
How to Cook Beyond Burger in the Air Fryer
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer to 380°F. Season both sides of the veggie burger with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Spray the patties with cooking spray on both sides and lay them in a single layer in the air fryer. Do not overlap them.
Step 3: Air fry for 5 minutes and then flip the patties and continue cooking for about 4-6 minutes until cooked through.
Step 4: Serve on buns and add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
- Spraying is optional Although air frying is known for cooking without the need for deep frying and a ton of oil, it does require just a bit to help crisp up the outside. The beyond meat burgers do have quite a bit of fat which produces enough grease to help them not stick.
- Parchment liner. If you have some specially made with holes in it. you can also use this to line the basket. It helps with cleanup!
- Use a thermometer. For an accurate reading, use a digital thermometer to tell when the burger is done. This is especially helpful because not all air fryers are the same. When it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F/71°C it's ready to go!
- Toast the bun. For an extra bit of yum, use a bit of butter (or vegan butter) and spread it on both sides of the bun, then grill the halves for a minute or so.
- Beyond cheeseburger. Place a slice of cheese on the burgers for the last minute of air fry time, so that it melts nicely onto the burgers. Just remember, vegan cheese doesn't usually melt the same way dairy cheese does.
- Add some extra seasoning. The patties do come seasoned, which is why a bit of salt and pepper is all I use, but you can add some Montreal steak spice, garlic powder, paprika, or Italian seasoning for extra flavor.
- Swap the bun for lettuce. A lettuce burger is always a great low-carb dinner idea!
You can, but I always recommend thawing it first. That way you can season it properly, and it won't take so long to cook. It's always harder to season and spray the frozen veggie burger with cooking spray.
To have it well done, you'll want to cook it for 18 minutes, flipping halfway. The internal temperature should be 165°F.
Place them back into the air fryer at 380°F for a few minutes until heated through.
Similar, but not the same. Both are meatless, plant-based, gluten-free, and vegan. Both come pre-seasoned. The impossible burger is genetically engineered, whereas the beyond burger is not genetically modified.
If you consider the wording used, I'm going to let you look further into what that means if you're interested in learning more!
One major difference is the impossible burger uses soy protein whereas the beyond burger uses pea protein.
What to Serve it With
I like to serve it as I would any other burger, with fries of course! Sometimes I'll do air fryer roasted potatoes or wedges, and even sweet potato fries. Whatever we're in the mood for, it makes an easy side.
You can also pair it with a nice light salad, vegan mac, and cheese, or traditional BBQ side dishes like potato salad, pasta salad, grilled corn, or mixed veggies.
What to do With Leftovers?
These will keep fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. When reheated you can enjoy them all over again for lunch or dinner throughout the week.
For a different idea, crumble up the patties and enjoy them on top of a salad or in a wrap!
Air Fryer Beyond Burgers
- Air Fryer
- 2 Beyond Meat Plant-Based Burger
- oil spray
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 buns
- optional burger toppings: lettuce, tomato, pickle, onions, avocado, cheese
- Thaw the Beyond burgers in the fridge.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F.
- Season both sides of the burger with salt and pepper. Spray oil on both sides. Carefully lay patties in the air fryer spaced out, in a single layer. Air fry for 5 minutes.
- Flip the patties and continue cooking for about 4-6 minutes or until cooked through and the internal temperature is 160°F/71°C.
- Serve on buns with your favorite toppings.
Have you tried this recipe? Leave a ⭐️ rating and comment below to let me know what you think!
Leave a Reply